Carnival-Laissez les bon temps rouler

My photo
The only thing you truly own is your own mind, body, and soul. So as you go through these 8 to 10 short decades don't hold back cause its your decades!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Diet



Everyone is curious as to how I keep my abs.  The secret to abs is in your kitchen.  I firmly believe abs are 30% workout plan and 70% diet.  If I have an event I want to be "cut" for I start about 3 weeks out on a strict diet plan, high intensity interval cardio, and still my usual lifting.  Here is a basic summary of my diet....much like everything in life there are slips ups now and then...don't be too hard on yourself ;-)



Breakfast: ~6 0z chicken breast, couple servings of mixed veggies...( I buy the already cooked frozen stuff in the bags that I can microwave) and an apple, pear, or banana.


10:00 a.m. piece of fruit, greek yogurt, or maybe some nuts.


Lunch: exact same meal as breakfast


3:00 p.m. piece of fruit, greek yogurt, or maybe some nuts.


After gym: whey protein shake


Dinner: just a meat...chicken or beef and about 6-8 oz and a handful of almonds.  Sometimes I may just scramble 3 eggs....I try to stay away from any and all sugars at night.


Throughout the day I may drink some of the fresh fruit juices....but not a lot as they are loaded with simple sugars.  For fruits I prefer apples, blueberries, blackberries, and bananas.


Here is an example of a breakfast meal...chicken with mustard, spinach, and mixed veggies:

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to try this! Hopefully it will work out! Eating all of this will help lose weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an overall healthy diet for living

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete